So, 21 years is a pretty long time. It's an even longer time to spend making new friends and mistakes. I know all this time has not always been the best, and there are sometimes I don't like to talk about, but I honestly have no regrets in life. It's been a hell of a time, and I hope to make the next 21 the best! (with all of the ups and downs included ;D )
WELL LET'S GET TO IT THEN.
Here are my 21 thoughts about life. Words to live by? Maybe. Quotes that should be cross-stitched on a pillow? Most definitely.
1. Don't let anyone tell you who to be. No seriously, don't. Do you know where it gets you? Nowhere you want to be. Just be you and live life!
2. Always eat lots of bread before drinking. EAT IT ALL.
3. Second chances are most certainly a thing.
4. Life is too short for the word "never." This ain't no young JB song. But I'm serious. Lol.
5. Sleep is for the weak.
6. Netflix, Hulu Plus, and online streaming websites help with that "No-Sleep" religion that's trending.
7. Once you hit 21, you're good. There's nothing else to look forward to. Except alcohol. (Or when you turn 23. Apparently no one likes you went you turn 23.)
8. You may put all you Weeb stuff away in a box in a closet, but trust me. You're still a Weeb. It never leaves. Never.
9. High School said college was going to be so hard and that you'll die. It's actually not that bad. We only die during midterms and finals :D
10. You could wear make-up every day. Or you could be a hobo. There is no in between.
11. I love people. And sometimes I want to punch them in the throat. But it's ok! (Retail only makes it worse btw)
12. Don't drunk buy a concert ticket.
13. If you're going to be on the balcony for a couple hours, make sure your roommates know you're out there. (Or they might lock you out there until 6am.) @josephfortuno
14. Having a 24-hour gym at your apartment building doesn't mean you'll actually use it. (I literally haven't even walked into it.)
15. When you work at GameStop, it does mean you have to pre-order EVERYTHING.And yes, you must all buy all the things.
16. Just because you have alcohol, doesn't mean you have to drink it. BUT I do anyway~
17. Clean out your car every now and then. It helps.
18. Putting your hair dye in your conditioner helps keep color in your hair. And turns your shower fun colors too!
19. Don't bleach your hair 7 times in one day. (Dat forever fizz doe)
20. Jack-in-the-box Munchie Meals + Starbucks = LIFE <3
21. You can always make new friends. The only toxic things that should be in your life is alcohol and bleach. (Drop those toxic people like a sick beat yo)
All kidding aside, I believe that everyone should be happy. But most importantly, BE YOU. I know they say you should "fake it 'til you make it," but that just gets you to a place where you have this other personality to worry about and then it gets REALLY complicated. Not worth it. I hope these words help some people.
Just remember, there is always a better tomorrow. It may be a "tomorrow" in like two weeks, but it's still there!! Everything changes for the better, and I hope you can see that! I'm not the same person I was, but I love the person I've become.
Heyyyy! My name is Kalyn Autumn Farmer and I am a Game Design Art major at Cogswell Polytechnical CoIlege. I spend most of my time being the ASB Event Coordinator at Cogswell College and working at GameStop. My hobbies are not sleeping, playing video games, being a super cool nerd and cats. My words to live by are: Every part of life is worth living, and I believe that being the most positive person in the room helps! And don't forget to smile everyday!