So there I was, sitting on the couch with three pieces of Digiorno's Pizza straight from the oven and Austin's head resting on my lap.I looked up and see that the clock reads 7:00 PM. Immediately, this weird feeling settled onto my stomach. At first I thought it was the easy bake pizza not agreeing with my tummy, but then the sensation got weirder and weirder. And then, it hit me.
In a few hours, I would no longer be a teenager.
I get why some people would think it's weird that this made me uncomfortable, but I guess in a way, it's like saying goodbye to a part of my life.
This part of my life was a hell of a roller-coaster, I'll tell you that. There was divorce, surprise siblings, homelessness, high school, coming out, falling in love, meeting Barrack Obama, and so much more. I can go on. When I was a kid I used to watch High School Musical and stuff like that and think "Wow, one day I'll be a teenager and live the life". And now, that time has passed.
If you asked me what I wanted to do as a teenager when I was ten, you'd probably get something like "I want to be Troy Bolton, do a sport and theater in high school, fall in love with a pretty girl, and go to a nice college." In a way, I did part of it. I go to a dope college and had a pretty good career as a high school theater actor, but in many ways my High School Musical perception of my teenage years didn't come true. Also, I was ten.
So I guess let's bring the elephant in the room. Yes, I gained weight, but I was talking about the big question here:
"What are you going to do in your twenty's?"
Well, it's hard to top what I did off in the last two years, so how the hell do I know?
I guess my response would be find out. In fact, let's find out together? Because really, who the hell knows?
So now, for my youngins, I leave you with 20 things to remember your teenage years. Or if you've already passed that sweet age like I just did or for the young at heart, maybe they apply to you in general.
1. Floss every day.
2. No matter what your parents do, they love you. It's in there. It' human.
3. Honestly, make the world your bitch. Exercise your mind to think that you can do it.
4. Don't go to the deep web or Google things you don't know about.
5. Falling in love with strangers online is not as fun as falling in love in person tbh.
6. Don't skip leg, ab, bicep, face, butt, hand, hair, boob, or body day. Go to the gym for whatever you're improving.
7. Googling the question for that packet will NOT guarantee that you can find it on Quizlet.
8. Don't accidentally call an Uber Black instead of an UberX.
9. Not all Republicans are idiots. Sometimes, they make sense, and sometimes you agree with them. It's okay to be a conservative Democrat or a liberal Republican. It's a thing.
10. Get out of the closet if you are in one. And when you come out, put on a fashion show with the style you cultured in there for the people who brought you down.
11. If you're on live TV and the host offers you food, chew slowly. If you drop the food on the ground, don't pick it up and eat it on live TV.
12. It's okay to cry if you're sad. Or watching a Disney movie. It's human.
13. Megavideo doesn't have EVERYTHING you want.
14. It's not worth ending your life. I thought it was, and if I did, I wouldn't have done the cool things I did. You are destined for greatness. Embrace it.
15. You can pull off one all-nighter, but not two in a row.
16. It's okay to like Katy Perry when you stan for Lady Gaga. It's human.
17. Don't fall in love with characters in The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones. Just don't.
18. Do something in high school that will pave your way for the rest of your life. You can find your calling. If you don't know yet, visit GladeoX.
19. Is that Beyonce ticket worth $10,000? Is it worth it?
20. Don't worry too much about what people think of you or what you do. Embrace who you are, your artistry, your passion, and your spirit. Don't wait for Superman, because he's not coming. Be your own superhero.
Alas, I bid farewell to my teenage years. Thank you, it was dope.
Cheers to my roaring twentys.